Exclusive Club Orpheus offer!
For a limited time only, get an exclusive discount £449.99 when purchasing the Sennehiser HD800, HDVD800 and CH800s. Available to Demo in store. Please call 0208 930 9933 to arrange some listening time.
More than 60 years of ingenious headphone engineering has been applied into the new HD 800. Incorporating Sennheiser’s most advanced driver technology, these open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones redefine what reference-level audio is all about. You will form an altogether new height of sonic perspective as you experience a high-fidelity natural hearing experience. Do take note that presently, no other manufacturer has been able to come up as close as the HD 800 in replicating the basic acoustic conditions of natural hearing.
Matching these headphones' reference-grade audio performance is their striking and visually effective industrial design. Premium parts have gone into their production - the transducer is encased by a precision material made of stainless steel. The earpads are handcrafted from a high-quality microfiber fabric. This material is extremely comfortable to wear and easy to maintain. The headband and headphone mounting utilises the most advanced development from the aerospace industry. In terms of connectivity, these headphones utilise specially-designed, four-wire, high-performance connections with Teflon insulation.
Truly, the HD 800 are a glorious success and have become a pioneer in headphone development.
HD 800 – Crafted for perfection.
- New reference class in wired headphones
- Open, circum-aural dynamic stereo headphones
- Natural hearing experience - realistic and natural sound field with minimal resonance
- Biggest transducers ever used in headphones up to today - new innovative dynamic transducer design
- Uncovered earcups for acoustic and stylistic reasons
- Handcrafted ear pads, made of high-quality microfiber fabric
- Metal headband with inner damping element
- Specially tuned symmetrical, impedance matching cable with low capacitance
- Special high precision headphone connectors
With Sennheiser’s HDVD 800, sound is perfect. The HDVD 800 is able to connect with digital sources and is equipped with a high-quality Burr-Brown digital/analog converter (DAC) that converts digital audio data into analog signals with a resolution of 24 bits and a sampling rate of up to 192 kHz. This enables the HDVD 800 to transmit the entire frequency spectrum of high-end audio sources without any loss of frequencies.
In addition to the symmetrical inputs, the HDVD 800 also has an asymmetrical input socket; incoming signals are symmetrized before further processing takes place. Digital sources can be connected to the rear of the unit via an XLR (AES/EBU) input, optical and coaxial (S/PDIF) digital inputs or USB. All digital inputs accept signals up to 24 bit at 192 KHz*. Designed and manufactured in Germany, this high-end, solid-state amplifier harmonize perfectly and deliver an ultimate acoustic performance when paired with any of Sennheiser’s audiophile headphones.
- D/A transducer for all common formats up to 24 bit / 192 kHz
- D/A transducer can be used for CD and DVD players
- AES/BU, S/PDIF, USB inputs
- Symmetrical (XLR) and asymmetrical (RCA) analog inputs
- Symmetrical output
- Sockets for four sets of headphones (two of which symmetrical)
High-end balanced XLR cable for HD 800, optimally matched to HDVD 800 and HDVA 600 headphone amplifiers.