Headphone amplifier with D/A Converter for easy and accurate reproduction of music files from PC via USB.
For the true audiophile, we have developed our first discrete headphones amplifier with USB-DAC. Supporting almost any connection type, from a traditional standard jack to 3- and even 4-pin NEUTRIK jacks, you can customise your cables as you please. Whatever headphone cable you prefer, the U-05 always guarantees high-grade audio thanks to its fully balanced circuit. Advanced tuning possibilities allow even more dramatic sound improvement.
Obviously, you can use the U-05 for headphones playback and powered speakers. But, you can also deploy it as a high-end pre-amplifier with volume control, using the balanced XLR-outputs or the unbalanced RCA cinch outputs.
This USB-DAC plays regular PCM signals and 2.8 MHz and 5.6 MHz DSD-files. With the Hi-Bit 32 function you can upscale 16- and 24-bit signals to 32-bit quality, while the upsampling function raises the frequency up to 384 kHz.
Jitter and noise have no chance thanks to the high precision master clock circuit and dual Sabre 8-channel DAC, configured for left/right parallel use. Narrowing the DAC locking range will further reduce collateral sounds and disturbing overtones.
D/A CONVERTER FEATURES
- 8ch Parallel Drive with SABRE32 Ultra DAC (ES 9016S x 2)
- US B Input (PCM): 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.8 kHz, 384 kHz (16, 24, 32 bit)
- USB Input (DSD): 2.8 MHz, 5.6 MHz
- COAXIAL/OPTICAL/AES /EBU Input: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz (16, 24 bit)
- Minimum Jitter with Asynchronous Transfer
- Digital Filter with 3 Modes (SHARP/SLOW/SHORT )
- Lock Range Adjust Function for Reducing Jitter by Adjusting. Lock Range Accuracy
- DIRECT Mode for Faithful Reproduction of Original Sound
- Audio Scaler for up to 384 kHz/32-bit Upsampling
HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER FEATURES
- Shielded Power Transformer with Independent Winding, Isolated Power and Digital/Analogue Blocks
- Full Balance Circuit for Minimum Noise
- Discreet Circuit Adopted for High-Quality Sound Tuning
- Balanced Headphone Terminal (XLR3/XLR4) x 2 Compatible with Recabled Headphones, Unbalanced Headphone Terminal (STD) x 1
- Fine Adjust Volume Control
- Gain Switch for Using Headphones with Different Impedance
AUDIO PERFORMANCE AND VARIOUS OTHER FEATURES
- Digital Isolator for Reducing USB Block Noise
- Highly Renowned NEUTR IK Balance Terminals and Machined RCA Terminals
- High-Grade Parts Including Pioneer Custom Power Capacitor
- Variable/Fix Volume Selectable Analogue Output (XLR3/RCA) for Pre-Amp Function
- Phase Switch Feature for Line Output
- Low Centre of Gravity Design with Heavy and Robust Chassis
- Screw-less Flat Design with Aluminium Front, Top, and Side Panels
- Dedicated Remote for Volume and Tone Control
- Front Display for Detailed Source Information
- Auto Power Down