A Receiver to Make Dreams a Reality
If you’re dreaming of the high-end but are stuck on a mid-level budget, here’s your solution. Painstakingly engineered for immensely powerful yet controlled THX® Cinema Reference sound, the TX-RZ810 also comes with features you really want, such as Google Cast™*, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth. Add an optional Onkyo speaker and mirror whatever’s playing on the home cinema in another room via FireConnect™ technology* **, without cables and using our app to control playback, or enjoy different sources in different zones with Powered Zone 2 outputs and Zone 3 line outputs. Zone 2 HDMI® shares 6G video on a second display, making the TX-RZ810 not only a wall-shaking movie-room powerhouse, but also a hub for housewide entertainment. Boasting a similar 5 Hz-capable audiophile build as our flagships—separate analog/digital blocks, massive transformer, huge capacitors, and discrete non-phase-shift amps—the TX-RZ810’s sheer agility and dynamism exceeds the highest expectations.
* Firmware update / ** optional Onkyo wireless speaker required
- THX® Select2™ Cinema Reference Certification
- Custom RZ Grade Amplification System with Upgraded Parts
- Dynamic Audio Amplification for Realistic Sound
- Separate Amp and Processing Block Construction
- DTS:X™* and Dolby Atmos® up to 5.1.2 Channels
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FireConnect™ Multi-Room Wireless Technology*
- HDMI® 8 In (1 Front) with Main / Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2 / HDR*1)
- Wireless Audio Streaming with Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth
* Firmware update required
- THX® Select2™ Cinema Reference Certification
- DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® Object-based Sound Decoding
- 4K/60 Hz-Capable 4:4:4 HDMI® Terminals with HDCP 2.2 and HDR for Next-Generation UltraHD and Full HD Video Content*1
- Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1
- (Compatible Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3) with Advanced Music Optimizer
- Powered Zone 2 and Zone 3 Pre/Line Out
- Zone 2 HDMI Output for 4K/60 Hz Video in Another Room
- Supports TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, TIDAL, and Deezer*2
- MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, and Apple Lossless Playback Over Network and USB
- Network Hi-Res Audio (DSD 5.6 MHz, 192/24 PCM, Dolby® TrueHD)
- Wireless Digital and Analog Audio Transmission to Optional Wireless Speaker via FireConnect™ Technology
- AccuEQ Room Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology for Seamless Object-based Sound from Compatible Speakers (Mic Included)
- Supports Free Onkyo Remote Control & Streaming Apps for iPod touch/iPhone*3 and Android™ Devices*4
*1 6G video and HDCP 2.2 is supported on HDMI inputs 1/2/3, Main Out, and Sub Out. *2 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a paid subscription and firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice. *3 Compatible with iPod touch (3rd generation or later) and iPhone 3GS or later. All models require iOS 4.2 or later. *4 Requires Android 2.1 or later.
- 180 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 215 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
- Dynamic Audio Amplification with Non-Phase-Shift Amps and Discrete Power Transistors
- Separate Analog Amp and Digital Processing Block Construction to Reduce Interference
- Massive Transformer and Custom 15,000 μF Audio Capacitors for Instantaneous High-Current Power
- Copper Bus Bars and Rigid Insulators to Reduce Signal Interference
- VLSC™ (Vector Linear Shaping Circuitry) for High-Fidelity Analog Signal
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuitry for S/PDIF Audio
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- AK4458 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (8 Channels x 1)
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode and Pure Audio Mode
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/7 Rear), Main, and Zone 2 Outputs
- Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback Capability
- 7.2 Multichannel Pre-Outs
- Component Video Switching (2 Inputs) and 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial) and 7 Analog Audio Inputs
- Phono Input (MM) for Turntable Connection
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- 12 V Trigger Out (Assignable) with IR Input, Supports IP and RS232
- Independent Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- New Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- 40 FM/AM and 40 Internet Radio Station Presets
- Certified with DLNA Version 1.5
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Aluminum Front Panel and Volume Control Knob
- Preprogrammed RI (Remote Interactive) Simple Remote Control
THX®-Certified for Cinema Reference Sound
THX® certification guarantees the same high volume and low distortion you experience in a cinema in your listening room. To achieve THX® certification, amplifiers must undergo the industry’s toughest independent bench-testing to satisfy THX® requirements.
Why Upgrade to a TX-RZ810?
Our RZ Series A/V receivers deliver dynamic, detailed, and emotionally captivating sound. Upgraded with a massive transformer, custom 15,000 μF capacitors, and discrete low-NFB amps, the TX-RZ810 produces high instantaneous current for lightning-fast transient response, stunning detail resolution, and ultra-powerful bass to 5 Hz.
Dynamic Audio Amplification for Thrilling Sound
Dynamic Audio Amplification lets music live and breathe thanks to accurate, noise-free signal processing and hi-current power that dynamically controls your speakers, producing rich and authentic sound that fills you with emotion.
Experience DTS:X™* and Dolby Atmos®
Introduce object-based Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ sound to your living room, with sound flowing naturally above and around in three dimensions. Discrete effects—such as birdcalls, rain, or the sound of a helicopter—originate from overhead via height channels. Every element in an object-based soundtrack is mixed separately, free to travel from speaker to speaker with lifelike realism.
* Firmware update required
FireConnect™ Multi-room Audio
A firmware update enables any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—to be sent wirelessly via FireConnect™ to an optional speaker* placed anywhere in your home. Stable, fast, and easy to control with a mobile, it’s the smart way to set audio free.
* Unavailable at press time. Release date TBA. Firmware update required.
FireConnect™ by Blackfire Research Corp. is a stable wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—.
Go Wireless with Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth
Google Cast and AirPlay free your music from your smartphone. You can stream audio from compatible applications to your home cinema, or stream virtually any mobile or PC audio via Bluetooth technology. Available internet radio and music subscription services include Pandora, Spotify, and more.
Note: Support for some features including Google Cast, TIDAL and Deezer will be enabled via future firmware update. Please consult the Onkyo website for scheduling information as it becomes available. Google Cast not supported on Chinese models.
Multi-source Playback in Different Zones
Use Powered Zone 2 speaker outputs and Zone 3 line outputs to create a housewide entertainment system, and enjoy different audio sources sent from your A/V receiver in different rooms at the same time.
Transparent imaging is achieved with various technologies starting at the D/A conversion stage, with VLSC™ helping the 384 kHz/32-bit DAC to assemble digital ones and zeros into a completely noise-free analog signal. Separate digital and analog circuitry prevents interference, while anti-phase-shift amps control timing to ensure wide-spectrum focus at any volume.
Latest Spec HDMI® with Zone 2 Video
Select HDMI terminals support 4K/60 Hz video, HDCP 2.2 copy protection, and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for next-generation UltraHD streaming and broadcasting. A 6G- and HDCP 2.2/HDR-compatible Zone 2 HDMI output allows you to enjoy AV sources connected to the receiver in another room.
AccuEQ Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology
AccuEQ equalizes the surround-sound to suit the room acoustics for crisply focused sound, while AccuReflex aligns the phase of upfiring height speakers with sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.