Add THX® Reference Sound to Your Widescreen Experience
Just bought a big 4K TV? Here’s big sound to go with it. THX® Certified for Cinema Reference Volume, the TX-RZ710 has a premium RZ build with non-phase-shift amps, huge capacitors, and high-output transformer that pull every drop of emotion from object-based soundtracks, which are precisely phase-aligned with new AccuReflex calibration technology. Music blooms with vibrant energy thanks to high-current amplification, whether it’s fed from Spotify via Google Cast™ or AirPlay or from a vinyl record on your turntable. FireConnect™ streams any of these sources from the receiver to a wireless speaker in another room* **, while Zone 2 HDMI® sends video to a second TV. Gathering your media and giving easy access across the home, the TX-RZ710 will make daily entertainment an event to look forward to.
* Firmware update / ** optional Onkyo wireless speaker required
- Custom RZ Grade Amplification System with Upgraded Parts
- THX® Select2™ Cinema Reference Certification
- DTS:X™* and Dolby Atmos® up to 5.1.2 Channels
- AccuEQ Room Calibration with AccuReflex Technology
- FireConnect™ Multi-Room Wireless Technology (Firmware update required)
- Wireless Audio Streaming with Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth
- HDMI® 8 In with Zone 1 and Zone 2 Out (HDCP 2.2 / HDR*1)
- Phono Input and Hi-Res Audio Playback
* Firmware update required
- THX® Select2™ Cinema Reference Certification
- DTS:X™ and Dolby Atmos® Object-based Sound Decoding
- 4K/60 Hz-Capable 4:4:4 HDMI® Terminals with HDCP 2.2 and HDR for Next-Generation UltraHD and Full HD Video Content*1
- Zone 2 HDMI Output for 4K/60 Hz Video in Another Room
- Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1 (Compatible Profile: A2DP v1.2, AVRCP v1.3) with Advanced Music Optimizer DSP Technology
- Internet Audio Streaming Services including TuneIn Radio, Pandora®, Spotify, TIDAL and Deezer*2
- Play Compressed, Lossless, and Hi-Res Audio via Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, Apple Lossless, DSD 5.6 MHz, and Dolby® TrueHD) with Selectable Advanced Music Optimizer
- Wireless Digital and Analog Audio Transmission to Optional Wireless Speaker via FireConnect™ Technology
- AccuEQ Room Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology for Seamless Object-based Sound from Compatible Speakers (Mic Included)
- Control and Stream with Free Onkyo Remote Streaming Apps for
- iPod touch/iPhone*3 and Android™ Devices*4
- Powered Zone 2/Zone 2 Pre/Line Out for Distributed Analog/Digital
- Audio Playback in Another Room
- Bi-Amping Capability for Front Channels
*1 6G video and HDCP 2.2 is supported on HDMI inputs 1/2/3, Main Out, and Sub Out. *2 Availability of services depends on region. Some services may require a paid subscription and firmware update. Availability of third-party services advertised here is accurate at the time of publication, but may be subject to change without notice. *3 Compatible with iPod touch (3rd generation or later) and iPhone 3GS or later. All models require iOS 4.2 or later. *4 Requires Android 2.1 or later.
- 175 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC); 185 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 10% THD, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA)
- Discrete RZ Grade Non-Phase-Shifting Amplifier Circuits for Accurate Audio Imaging with Ultra-Low 5 Hz Frequency Performance
- Customized Audio-Grade Capacitors and Massive High Power Transformer for High Current Delivery and Precise Speaker Driver Control
- VLSC™ D/A Conversion Enhancement Delivers Supreme Clarity
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos®, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X™, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™ Decoding
- AK4458 384 kHz/32-bit DAC (8 Channels x 1)
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing Engines
- 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Direct Mode
- Double Bass Function
- 8 HDMI Inputs (1 Front/ 7 Rear) and 2 Outputs
- USB 2.0 Port with Mass Storage Class USB Memory Playback
- 2 Component Inputs and 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 8 Analog Audio Inputs (1 Front*/7 Rear)
- Phono Input for Turntable Connection
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre-Outs
- Location-Numbered Speaker Terminals
* 3.5mm pin jack type.
- Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel
- (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Graphical Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI with Quick Set-Up
- Hybrid Standby Function with HDMI Passthrough
- Tone Control (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Firmware Updates via Ethernet and USB
- RIHD (Remote Interactive Over HDMI) for System Control
- Simple Remote Control
What is the RZ Series?
Our premium RZ Series audio-video receivers deliver a significant boost to the dynamism, detail, and accuracy of music and movie soundtracks for a listening experience that packs stunning emotional impact. Upgraded components, such as the massive transformer and custom capacitors, provide high instantaneous current for lightning-fast transient response and a frequency range that extends down to 5 Hz. Discrete amp circuits prevent phase shifting, clearly focusing the audio image and cutting distortion even at floor-shaking volumes. It’s a serious build if you’re serious about sound.
Dynamic Audio Amplification for Thrilling Sound
Dynamic Audio Amplification lets music live and breathe thanks to accurate, noise-free signal processing and hi-current power that dynamically controls your speakers, producing rich and authentic sound that fills you with emotion.
THX®-Certified for Cinema Reference Sound
THX® certification guarantees the same high volume and low distortion levels you experience in a commercial cinema in your listening room. THX® Select2™ Plus is recommended for screen-to-seat viewing distances of 3–4 m. To achieve THX® certification, amplifiers must undergo a barrage of the industry’s toughest independent bench testing to satisfy THX® requirements.
Experience DTS:X™* and Dolby Atmos®
Make object-based Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ surround-sound reality in your living room. Sound flows naturally above and around in three dimensions, with discrete effects—such as birdcalls, rain, or the sound of a helicopter—originating from overhead. In fact, every element in an “object-based” soundtrack is mixed separately, so it’s free to travel from speaker to speaker with lifelike realism.
* Firmware update required
FireConnect™ Multi-room Audio
A firmware update enables any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—to be sent wirelessly via FireConnect™ to an optional speaker* placed anywhere in your home. Stable, fast, and easy to control with a mobile, it’s the smart way to set audio free.
* Unavailable at press time. Release date TBA. Firmware update required
FireConnect™ by Blackfire Research Corp. is a stable wireless protocol that mirrors any audio source connected to the receiver—from vinyl to streaming audio—.
Go Wireless with Google Cast, AirPlay, Wi-Fi®, and Bluetooth
Google Cast and AirPlay free your music from your smartphone. You can stream audio from compatible applications to your home cinema, or stream virtually any mobile or PC audio via Bluetooth technology. Available internet radio and music subscription services include Pandora, Spotify, and more.
Note: Support for some features including Google Cast, TIDAL and Deezer will be enabled via future firmware update. Please consult the Onkyo website for scheduling information as it becomes available. Google Cast not supported on Chinese models.
Latest Spec HDMI® with Zone 2 Video
Select HDMI terminals support 4K/60 Hz video, HDCP 2.2 copy protection, and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for next-generation UltraHD streaming and broadcasting. A 6G- and HDCP 2.2/HDR-compatible Zone 2 HDMI output allows you to enjoy AV sources connected to the receiver in another room.
Powered Zone 2 for Audio in a Second Room
If you choose, Powered Zone 2 capability can bring audio to speakers in a second room connected to the receiver. Now with a dedicated Zone 2 DAC, you can share Digital Audio input sources such as Spotify or Internet podcasts.
AccuEQ Calibration Featuring AccuReflex Technology
AccuEQ equalizes the surround-sound to suit the room acoustics for crisply focused sound, while AccuReflex aligns the phase of upfiring height speakers with sound coming directly from your other speakers. Any delay is resolved so that everything arrives at your ears at the same time. The result is cohesive reproduction of object-based soundtracks.